Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Beginning

It stopped raining for a few minutes today and I was reminded that the sky is blue and not really white. There are lots of different things in nature that can trick us. Like when it's dark, the sky is still blue; it does not turn black. C.S. Lewis, in "Perelandra", wrote about the feeling you get when you see what you think is a gross bug and it makes you repulsed until you realize it's just a leaf and, as a leaf, you see that it is very beautiful. How very true. I think he had a pretty good idea about the mind of man.
I'm sorry, dear Reader, for being so boring. I'm boring myself typing such nonsense. I'm afraid I'm not in a very entertaining mood right now. What a dull begining to what I thought would be a fun and mentally aerobic pastime.
More next time. More dry stuff? Who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home