Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Words On the Black Hole

Today is Big Baby's birthday. She's no longer a teenager. I had to admire how viciously she fought to cling to the last hours of those funky years.
I also am nearing the ever-widening black hole at the end of the tunnel of light. The dark hole full of Unknowns and Expectations. In other words, Adulthood. What a scary word. It brings a dark fog to my brain and a tear to my eye. I guess everyone has to grow up someday. Peter Pan, I love you!! Keep coming to my window!

3 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Augurs said...

Barbara, I LOVE your blog!! :) I'm sitting here at work, laughing at my desk. Your sense of humor really brightens my day!
Thanks for sending the address.
See you soon- Michele :)

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy,
Wow! Do you like to write? That last sentence was awesome!! You totaly remind me of a friend I have here - refreshingly random -
During supper we were discussing making icecream. I like tin roof sunday also but I think in my book home made plain vanilla beats all. Talk to you later.
Loree

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Kacey said...

So that was who kept ripping holes in the window screen!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home