Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Stranger

Yes, kids I am housesitting again. Well, Big Baby and I are. Although she's here mostly for the evenings since she has to work every day.
I am done with my chores for now and I was just walking from the kitchen to the computer room wondering what to blog about when...it hit me.
My brain was searching all of its memory files and inventorizing what I need to catch up on when I realized that I had not blogged at all since the stranger arrived in town.
It was June and I had just witnessed a wedding (settle down! It wasn't Antlers' wedding!).
I first saw him on Antlers' porch. He came cloaked with the shadows cast by the setting sun. He calls himself Josh. Typical. I call him Mosh. His real name is probably on a two of spades carried by an American soldier.
Those were my thoughts on that day. In the weeks following they kind of evolved so to speak. I don't think of him as a Jihad terrorist anymore. He's one of us now and I have confirmed once again that first impressions are not always the best.

1 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Kacey said...

Baby! How do you do it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home