Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Events that Occurred When the Hay Crew Camped their Heads Off

It was promised, and a few months later, it was brought to pass.
As I sit here in the Commons of a certain mountainous region, my mind spins like grey colored water chasing itself down the drain. It spins in such a manner because those five days spent camping seemed to be so long ago . Like last year, I think I'm going to just make a list of the many, many highlights. Here ve go.




Hightlights of Our Most Excellent Camping Trip

  • Nothing was said without a song
  • We all saw where Big Baby and Antlers' priorities dwell
  • I laughed until toes ran down my sedan
  • The crawdads lived and died to their fullest
  • Jonny and I flunked Indian driver's ed.
  • There is more than one way to wear a red union suit
  • Dreethefair's poor lip got in the way of my poor elbow
  • A moment of silence, please, for my thumb ring
  • Caves, caves, caves
  • Tourists-those who wish to have their chariots backed into. It's ok, Mosh. Don't be mad that I mentioned it.
  • By the fourth day, my scalp crumbs had their own personalities. By the fifth day each one had multiple personalities
  • A swim in the lake will demonstrate just how tall one's goosebumps can get (and just how good a campfire feels)

That is as much as I can list. I wont tell you how many times I wished I was able to keep my mouth shut. Sometimes I am so uncouth. It's a thorn in my flesh that twists and triggers that dual-action nerve which turns off my common sense and turns on my blabber mouth.

So, if I have forgotten anything. Please comment and remind me.

1 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good gravy baby! (hey that rhymes!) i haven't read your blog in fo-eva. that is a very good, but rather short rendition of our trip. i was hoping t hear your eloquence for at least 3 pages. (hehe) well, off to spanish class. ttyl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home