Monday, June 06, 2005

Something Not Quite As Goofy

I don't know why I started an online journal. I guess I fooled myself into thinking I could keep up on it--not.
Anyhoo, here we go again. I don't think I'll try catching up from, what, three weeks ago. I'll just start from Saturday.
Saturday morning and Saturday afternoon were very boring but, now that the daisies are blooming, I decided Saturday evening to go pick a hug armload.
As I was walking through a clearcut, the sun was setting and a storm was coming in. To the west, the clouds were patchy and lined with pale gold. Over on the other side of the sky was the slate blue storm front.
I just had to sit on the top of a burm and stare at all that beauty and contemplate how cool it is that I belong to the Creator of the universe. At once, I felt Him close to my heart. It was like my soul was being hugged and I felt so much love filling my mind and washing down through every vein. It reminded me of how sinful I was and I started reminding God of them as well.
"I know" He said; and those two words, so base and boring on this screen, held so much meaning. In my mind's eye, He pushed my icky sin behind Him because He was only interested in me.
What an experience. I didn't know how much I needed that moment. Like what Timmy Turtle says, every single person was created to worship God. That's not always the case as lots of people worship themselves but if they like it or not, someday, every knee will bow to the Lord Jesus Christ. I've already decided to do my bowing ahead of time. I hope you do too.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Kacey said...

Did you experience that lovely little blip in your belly at the sight of a new comment?
I love what you wrote. How many timesw have I experienced the same thing? Too many to count. It's the mystery of salvation that the angels just don't get. They can experience the glory of God, but not His grace.
I love you, Little Baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home